OldSchool Ford Forum

Pontos idő: 2018. november 16. 18:27

Időzóna: UTC + 1 óra [ nyi ]

Új téma nyitása Hozzászólás a témához  [ 1 hozzászólás ] 
Szerző Üzenet
 Hozzászólás témája: How to correctly hook up a mini starter?
HozzászólásElküldve: 2017. december 20. 12:22 

Hi,
I did a T5 swap with matching bell housing and installed a suggested mini-torque starter on my 69. the small gauge wire from the starter solenoid to the fender solenoid melted completely. Still unsure if it was wired incorrectly or it just ended up making contact with the headers. both could be very likely, but it didn't make much sense to me that header contact would melt the entire length of the wire? The car wouldn't start afterwords obviously and I had a buddy say he could bypass the starter solenoid. He did his thing and now when I turn the key I get a god awful grinding sound between the starter and flywheel I'm assuming. On a second key turn though it starts up no problem, but I'm pretty sure the motor just hangs now because I took it off to inspect and the teeth on the motor are ground pretty good.

I'm about to order a new starter and would love recommendations on how to wire correctly and brands/models to get. I had a PA performance mini starter that was recommended for use with the t5 bellhousing. I was planning on getting that one again since I know it'll fit, but maybe there are better options?

Please help.
Thanks!
I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References:http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/1087114-how-correctly-hook-up-mini-starter-69-a.html

Online B2B Marketing Examples

Vissza a tetejére

Hozzászólások megjelenítése:  Rendezés  
Új téma nyitása Hozzászólás a témához  [ 1 hozzászólás ] 

Időzóna: UTC + 1 óra [ nyi ]